Sunday, June 15, 2014

Les Deux Magots .......


~   Les Deux-Magots   ~
 
This famous café is nestled in among other similar establishments
 in the salubrious left-bank district of Saint-Germain-des-Pres.
 Once Paris' rendezvous for the literary and intellectual elite
 
And so although I am none of the above -  I thought it would be nice
to drop by on a cold and misty day to do a bit of people watching!!
Rumour has it that if one stays there long enough
you are bound to spot some-one famous.
 
My coffee was superb and beautifully presented - the cake trolley sumptuous
the waiters cheeky and flirtatious ... but did I see any famous faces?
lets say I saw the arrival of a VIP guest creating that extra flurry
but who he was I've no idea  .... .  it was great fun guessing
and just maybe one day I'll be flicking through magazines
and say ah! that's the guy I saw at " Les Deux Magot"
 
 
Linking with
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, beautiful place and what a fun time!! Love your capture! The perfect French restaurant/meeting place! Thanks for sharing, Dianne! Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Vicki Lesage said...

I wonder who the VIP I was!! Hope you find out one day :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Dianne,

So happy for you that you are having a wonderful trip away.
Looks like a great restaurant to people watch and see some VIP's.
I have a clock on the kitchen wall and on the dial it is Les Deux Magot.
Enjoy your trip
hugs
Carolyn

La Table De Nana said...

Your photo is superb!

Paulita said...

Love this pictures. It looks dreamy with the blurring at the front. Thanks for playing along today with Dreaming of France. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

On most of my trips to Paris, I have passed this notable site on a daily (or twice daily) basis. This photo is fabulous and looks as if it was captured with the mists of a recent rain.

Bises,
Genie

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Great photo of Les Deux Magot.! I have several of my own but I especially like the blurred effect of yours....great post!

carol l mckenna said...

Ah lovely francais photo for OWT ~ thanks, ^_^

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Katrin Klink said...

Your picture is trés Paris - it made me wish to hop onto the next train to have a Café au lait there!

Gary Phillips said...

Beautiful shot!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

Louise said...

Lovely shot, I really enjoy knowing exactly where this is. I enjoy cool days in Paris, perfect idea to go warm up in a cafe.

Kamao Poot said...

Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
EarningsClub.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...